Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patrick's Day and two weeks before

Wow, I have been seriously neglecting this thing. I am truly sorry everyone!

The past two weeks have been crazy!

With regards in school: This is my last week of classes yes! oh no! I've been completing papers and studying for exams like a mad woman! Hence why i've been on a hiatus lately. But since I am pretty much done (minus a paper due tomorrow) I thought I would catch all of you up on my adventures!

3-5-2012 TO 3-11-2012
That was was alright. School was normal and nothing really out of the ordinary happened. However, that weekend my sorority sisters came to visit me! It was so much fun! I took them to blarney (my second time) and it was really nice because I was able to see things I didn't get to before. Such as:

WEDDING!

There were two of them going on while we were there and of course I had to take pictures :)

3-12-2012 TO NOW!

This past week was the craziest one.
Monday: I had my Irish dancing final. It went smoothly and I was definitely more nervous than I needed to be. I'm so glad it's over though! Once class down, three more to go!

Tuesday through Friday were filled with writing papers, editing and preparing for this weekend! Because yesterday was...ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Before we get to Saturday, I would like to tell you about Friday night.

Every St. Patrick's Day we would have corn beef, cabbage, carrots and of course. SODA BREAD. My favorite part. I knew I was missing out not being home for our usual feast, so I decided to make some of this delicious bread on my own:


Although it burned a little, it was still delicious and I didn't share any of it. I'm actually surprised that I ate the whole thing (finishing it today) :) yum. So good! (but not as good as momma's!!)

Let's get to St. Patrick's Day shall we??

SATURDAY! It was amazing being a part of this holiday in Ireland. I mean, you can't get more authentic than st. patty's day in IRELAND. It was spectacular and beyond crazy. The best combination I think!



Happy St. Patty's Day!

Isn't she adorable! I couldn't get enough of her :)

After the parade, my friends and I walked around to various street vendors where a half a pepperoni pizza and a delicious chocolate and marshmallow rice crispy treat went undocumented ;)

Then, we wandered back to out apartment where we spent about 6 hours drinking (Jameson was definitely included ;) ) and having an amazing time before...PHILLIP CAME! :D


Phil arrived around 10:30. Once he got here we all went to a pub to celebrate the end of an amazing day.

Sunday:
Yesterday all of us decided to head to the Gaelic football and hurling match that was going on in Cork. We were planning on taking a taxi because it was an hour walk to the stadium..well we walked..They were NOT joking about an hour walk. Thank goodness it was a gorgeous day out because the walk was really nice and gave me time to digest all of saturday.


Poor cork :(

Unfortunately Cork lost both games.

We walked back and saw that the city centre was buzzing with people! So we decided to stop, and luckily we did because the street vendors were back and there was live music playing! It was a nice treat and a great break from walking :)

Again, a half pizza (this time cheese) went undocumented ;) and phil and I decided to walk back to the apartment to relax a little and settle in for the night.

I was exhausted and actually napped once we got back. Much needed after that exhausting day! But, over all. It was a fantastic weekend!

Today is now filled with paper editing (due tomorrow!) and walking around the city center to get some fresh air and show phil my university!

This week i'll be in Munich! So i'll chat with you all next weekend!

xo
Sara Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment