Saturday, April 28, 2012

We meet again!

Hello Hello all! It has been a long time since I have updated this ole thing, hasn't it?

My dearest apologies, I've been traveling and taking some time to get my mind straight.

I believe the last post I wrote was about Munich. Well a lot has happened since then so I'll give you all the quick low down on what I've been doing:

After Munich I came back to Cork to take a couple exams and turn in papers. Once all that was done, it was time to enjoy my month off and travel to different places (disclaimer, I will not be writing everything I did, just a little sneak peak into my journeys).

First stop: AMSTERDAM
It was a very beautiful city. So many bridges that took me to many different and unique places.

Most of the time they were museums (Come on...I'm an archaeologist that wants to work in a museum, what do you expect ;) )


But in between the museums, many other experiences happened, such as...EATING!
This is the most delicious thing ever. It's a fresh stroopwaffle. It is a waffle (paperthin) cut in half slathered with caramel sauce. I am salivating just thinking about them now! Yum :)

Next stop: PARIS

The city of love, and indeed it was :) One of my favorite cities (besides London). I went on a bus tour that took us from London to Paris. It was all inclusive which was really nice. Not having to deal with planning things was a relief for once.

We did the typical tourist things.

The Eiffel Tower

Notre Dame

And many other sites. (Unfortunately I cannot put thousands of pictures up on here...otherwise this post would take forever to get through!)

However, I will say this. Paris was beautiful and magical. It sparked something inside of me that made me want to return and possibly even live there for a little bit of time. The romance seen as I walked down the street was magnificent. The love and respect that couples had for each other was both new and refreshing.

Alas, on to the next city...

OXFORD, Here I visited one of my oldest friends. We had a brilliant time and it was so nice getting to catch up with her and her family. I will definitely miss them when I go back to the states.

While I was there, we went to Oxford University. It was definitely different than I anticipated. But lovely non-the-less.

My friend Daisy and I

After Oxford came the city I was most looking forward to visiting. LONDON.

I was able to spend 6 days in London. Taking in all it had to offer, and more. Since I spent so much time there, I will not post all the pictures, but only a select few.

I did the usual: Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace, Greens park, Tower bridge, Tower of London, British museum, Natural History museum, and so much more.

Here is a look into my time in London :)


Yes, I went into Westminster Abby...Where Will and Kate wed exactly one year ago on the 29th of April :)


Although I had an absolutely amazing time in London, my favorite part was definitely the Harry Potter Studio Tour. Now not many people know this (haha let's be real, it's no secret), but I LOVED Harry Potter, the movies, the books, everything. So going on the studio tour was a dream come true for me.



yummmm butter beer :)


It was a banner day if you ask me :)

I left for Cork the next day, which was sad, but it was time for me to head "home". Once I got back, it was nice to sleep in my own bed and rest. Traveling takes a lot of of a person, even if you are by yourself. I've learned a lot over the course of my stay in Ireland, but one important thing that I will keep with me is: Having time to yourself is precious. It is time to think and reflect on yourself and your actions. I am thankful for everything I have and for the opportunity to travel to all of these outstanding places.

I will try and keep this thing updated more often, however seeing as I have less than a month left, it might be easier than expected ;)

Best wishes to all of you, and SEE YOU SOON!
Sara Leslie


No comments:

Post a Comment